Introducing: Shrimp Tacos & Cajun Margaritas
Cinco de Mayo is one of my favorite excuses to indulge in some delicious tacos and strong margaritas. So, I happily created these amazing shrimp tacos and some deliciously spicy, cajun margaritas!
Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro-Lime Slaw
Cilantro-Lime Slaw Ingredients:
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup green onions (chopped)
2-3 cups radicchio or red cabbage (shredded)
2 limes (juiced)
1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sour cream
Cilantro-Lime Slaw Directions:
- Add all ingredients, except sour cream and cabbage, and pulse in food processor until smooth.
- Add sour cream. Mix in shredded cabbage.
1 lb. shrimp (peeled/deveined)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
2 tbsp taco seasoning (homemade)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 clove garlic, minced
- Marinate shrimp in cumin, chili powder, taco seasoning, and garlic. Set for about 20 minutes. (Make slaw during this time!)
- Warm larger skillet to medium heat. Sautée shrimp for 5 minutes (or until ready).
- To serve: smash spoonful of avocado on tortilla, add shrimp and cilantro-lime slaw.
Serve with black beans, pico de gallo, and guacamole of course!
5 oz Tequila
3 oz Triple Sec
1 cup fresh lime juice (about 6 big limes)
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 tsp agave nectar
1/2 tsp Cholula hot sauce
2 cups ice
chili peppers & limes for garnish
Add tequila, triple sec, lime juice, 1/4 cup water, agave, hot sauce, and ice in blender. Rim glasses with lime and salt before pouring. Garnish with lime and chili peppers.