An Easy and Delicious Slow Cooker Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe
I have been looking for a good Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe ever since i got spoiled in Belize. They serve it almost everywhere, with a side of coconut rice and black beans. Well, I think I finally found a match!
This recipe takes almost 8 and a half hours, but 8 hours are spent in the crockpot. When the chicken is done, serve with a side of coconut rice and black beans. The skin on the chicken thighs crisps beautifully and soaks up all the yummy flavors in the crockpot. I also cut the heat down from the jalapeño, so this is a less spicy version. Feel free to add more jalapeño if you like extra heat!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
6 chicken thighs, bone in & skin on
3 green onions
1/2 yellow onion
1/2 jalapeño, seeded
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp fresh thyme
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground allspice
- Add chicken thighs to large skillet. Brown on medium-high heat on both sides for 3-5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- In food processor, add all other ingredients. Puree until smooth.
- Add chicken to slow cooker, skin side up. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook in low for 8 hours.
- serve with coconut rice and black beans