The Recipe for Chicken Ranch Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed peppers are so versatile; they can be stuffed with pretty much anything and they are still delicious. But, I think I have found the ONE recipe for stuffed peppers. The one favorite recipe I am still raving about over a month later. Yes, it is the recipe chicken ranch stuffed peppers. It may sound crazy, I know. But once you cut into one and take a bite, you will understand exactly what I mean.
4-5 bell peppers
2 cups rice, or other grain, cooked
2 cups shredded chicken breast, cooked
1 pkg ranch dressing (mix with buttermilk or sour cream, according to packaging)
for pesto sauce:
1 cup fresh parsley
1 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 cup olive oil
1 lime, juiced
1 jalapeño, stem and seeds removed
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all of the ingredients for sauce in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Mix ranch dressing.
- Cut peppers in half. Remove seeds. Lightly rub inside and outside of peppers with olive oil.
- In large mixing bowl, combine chicken, grain, and the sauce and mix until coated. Stuff in peppers.
- Bake peppers for 50 minutes on 350 degrees. Serve with ranch dressing on top!