A Fun Fourth of July Treat
These delightful little squares always remind me of summertime. Maybe because my mom makes these for every Fourth of July. Or maybe it’s because of the memory of blueberry picking during my childhood. And I still pick my own fresh blueberries now, but back to the cheesecakes bars.
They are such a yummy, cool treat. Plus, the blueberries make it perfect for Independence Day. You could even add strawberries to incorporate red, white, and blue.
These are so simple and quick to make. They make the perfect dessert to bring to any picnic, barbecue, or summer party. Just remember to keep them cold or the cheesecake will begin to melt.
Serves: 24 bars
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 cup fresh blueberries
6 tbsp butter, melted
6 cups graham crackers, crushed
2 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 10oz jar blueberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix butter and graham cracker crumbs in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Press firmly into the bottom of dish. Refrigerate the crust until ready to use.
- Beat cream cheese in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until well blended. Set aside.
- Stir preserves in the jar until softened. Spread preserves evenly over crust. Sprinkle with blueberries. Top evenly with the cream cheese mixture. Or do the opposite: Spread Cream Cheese mixture, sprinkle with blueberries, top with preserves.
- Bake 30 minutes, until slightly puffed.
- Let cool completely in baking dish. Cut into 24 squares to serve. And cover with star sprinkles if you are feeling extra!